Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bathrobe Birding Bonanza!





While brushing my teeth and still in my bathrobe, I saw this oddly shaped bird fly by. I threw down the toothbrush and flew for my camera. There on the top rail of the pier was this Black Crowned Night Heron. It's mate was standing off a ways on the rocks. What a beauty! I have not seen one of these since, according to my records, 1991. They are common, but not commonly seen as they are nocturnal. Fish eaters, they shop where other herons do, but grab rather than skewer their meal. On that note, I think I'll try brushing my teeth again.



2 comments:

  1. It's very pretty. I'm sure I've never seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great capture! I have run out with my camera more than once, so understand the excitement.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you come again.

    ReplyDelete